FOOD & BEVERAGES
FROM FRANCE THE WEBMAGAZINE
« Would you like to know how to make easy French recipes or traditional French meals? If the answer is “yes” then welcome! We have gathered on this page the latest trends of French food just for you. To make it easier, we have made videos which explains the new trends in consumption. You are welcomed”
- Nos interviews des personnalités et chefs français
- Nos vidéos sur l’actualité de l’agroalimentaire français
- Our video of agri-food companies
- Our video on French Chefs
- Our video on french drinks
- Our video on french food events
- Our video on french products
- Our videos of french food trends
Foie gras macaron, low glycemic index desserts, readymade cake mixes ... Find out what the pastry chefs are all about this year!
On the World Milk Day, June 1st, the French met at Place de la Republique in Paris to discover new trends in consumption of dairy products. On the program, cheese bar, tastings and meetings cows.
Dairy products are part our heritage. The French alone eat on average 3.7 dairy products every day. Milk, cheese and cream, it’s a rich offer defined by quality and diversity. And people outside France are getting a taste for dairy too.
86 Champs : when taste and beauty collide
FranceAgroalimentaire had the chance to attend the inauguration of the new 86 Champs concept store located on the big and famous Avenue des Champs-Elysées in Paris.
It is possible to taste viennoiseries, desserts and pastries such as macaroons, kougloff, etc. and a sweet and savoury menu while shopping the beauty brand L'Occitane en Provence.
Open all week from 7:30AM to 11:30PM.
On Sunday, we meet up with family or friends around a brunch, 86 Avenue des Champs-Elysees, 75008 Paris.
Rendez-vous au 86 Champs !
The French dairy sector comprises a unique range of products that is the world’s largest of its kind.Milk-based products have seen real success in international markets, not only on account of more than 1,200 French cheese varieties, but also due to a range of other, quite specific dairy products that enrich the French dairy landscape. Butter is an obvious export, with three examples in particular standing out for their quality and much-coveted AOC status, and which can be found gracing the finest dining tables: Beurre d’Isigny, Beurre de Bresse and Beurre de Charente. Cream too has a starring role at the heart of gastronomic fare, notably in the patisserie segment. France is also champion of powdered milk manufacturing and milk-based desserts, where unsurprisingly the biggest yoghurt brands all happen to be French. Milk can be consumed au naturel, or once processed constitutes a never-ending source of delicious end-products, for every occasion and every use. Having seamlessly adapted to modern existence without losing their uniqueness, French dairy products have retained their individual character associated as much with the terroir as the animal feed and methods used during production. At the International Agricultural Fair in Paris, we interviewed Christopher Spotti, who represents international communications at the CNIEL (French National Dairy Council), who provided an insight into the different export markets and their expectations when it comes to French dairy products. This was also a great opportunity to look back at how these products have successfully embraced international markets.
- Marc Feunteun is the President of French Meat Export. He presents the countries fond of french meat and what are their favourite breeds. An achievement for the industry most likely due to its taste and up-market quality, but this success also stems from a meat that above all is healthy and ethical, in response for the current consumer’s concerns.
As France recommand eating 5 fruit and vegetables a day you may also want them to be tasty. The french fruit and vegetables are recognised for their quality and the french productions are becoming a brand that inspires confidence. Lucky you are many worldwide markets have decided to import our crop.
- Daniel Soares, the International Marketing Manager of INTERFEL, introduces us briefly the french fruit and vegetables offer around the world and the key to the success of our products.
The richness of French gastronomy goes far beyond the mainland. On the occasion of the Sirha 2017 in Lyon, the catering and food service trade fair, we have met 3 French overseas territories brands's representatives who talked about their innovative products and their worldwide exportations.
- Project Manager of La Cuisine de Lucette, René Gustave presents their specialities : fish steaks and fish balls.
- Yorrick Saint-Louis is the founding CEA of La Maison des Antilles, he displayed some of his original and top of the range goods from his online retail website.
- Danièle Le Normand, President of Isautier, a company specialized in Rum and Punch, gives a commentary on the multiple markets on which the products from Réunion have expand.
Discover a single patisserie speciality with Christophe Adam (Éclair de Génie), Steve Seremes (Mesdemoiselles Madeleines), Popelini and la Maison de la Chantilly.
February 2nd is Candlemas and in France it’s also Pancake Day.
Sweet or savoury, nowadays there are all sorts of recipes and concoctions – something for everyone.